flink-user mailing list archives

From Julio Biason <julio.bia...@azion.com>
Subject Trying to figure out why a slot takes a long time to checkpoint
Date Fri, 14 Sep 2018 23:00:17 GMT
Hey guys,

On our pipeline, we have a single slot that it's taking longer to create
the checkpoint compared to other slots and we are wondering what could be
causing it.

The operator in question is the window metric -- the only element in the
pipeline that actually uses the state. While the other slots take 7 mins to
create the checkpoint, this one -- and only this one -- takes 55mins.

Is there something I should look at to understand what's going on?

(We are storing all checkpoints in HDFS, in case that helps.)

--
*Julio Biason*, Sofware Engineer
*AZION*  |  Deliver. Accelerate. Protect.