flink-user mailing list archives

From "James (Jian Wu) [FDS Data Platform]" <james...@coupang.com>
Subject Re: metrics displays on and off when integrate Flink metrics with graphite/Grafana
Date Tue, 11 Sep 2018 05:45:59 GMT
Here is my flink reporter
metrics.reporters: graphite
metrics.reporter.graphite.class: org.apache.flink.metrics.graphite.GraphiteReporter
metrics.reporter.graphite.host: metriccollect.coupang.net
metrics.reporter.graphite.port: 2003
metrics.reporter.graphite.interval: 60 SECONDS
metrics.reporter.graphite.prefix: fds-flink

flink version 1.5.3

From: "James (Jian Wu) [FDS Data Platform]" <james.wu@coupang.com>
Date: Tuesday, September 11, 2018 at 1:43 PM
To: "user@flink.apache.org" <user@flink.apache.org>
Subject: metrics displays on and off when integrate Flink metrics with graphite/Grafana

Hi:

   I try integrate flink application metrics with graphite/grafana.

   Currently, I have 3 flink application, 2 jobs just consume kafka message and do some business
logic, another jobs use flink sql over window with watermark, out of orderness time set to
10 seconds

   When I send 3 application metrics to graphite. The previous 2 job shows all metrics with
complete curve

   [cid:image001.png@01D449D5.E8938270]

but the job with sql and wm’s metrics show in UI is on and off

[cid:image002.png@01D449D5.E8938270]

Has anyone ever met this issue?

Regards

James