flink-user mailing list archives

From Xingcan Cui <xingc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 2 Broadcast streams to a Single Keyed Stream....how to?
Date Tue, 18 Sep 2018 13:15:32 GMT
Hi Vishal,

You could try 1) merging these two rule streams first with the `union` method if they get
the same type or 2) connecting them and encapsulate the records from both sides to a unified
type (e.g., scala Either).

Best,
Xingcan

> On Sep 18, 2018, at 8:59 PM, Vishal Santoshi <vishal.santoshi@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I have 2 broadcast streams that carry rules to be applied to a third keyed  stream. The
connect method of the keyed stream only takes a single broadcast stream. How do I connect
the 2 broadcast stream to that single keyed stream.

>   Do I have 2 connects and thus 2 instances of BroadcastConnextedStream, union them and
then apply process through a single SingleOutpitStreamOperator ? The issue I see there are
2 keyBy calls and an additional shuffle before connect is called.

> To be precise, is there a simple example of applying 2 dissimilar rules through 2 broadcast
streams, thus 2 different MapStateDiscriptors, to a single keyed stream without any unnecessary
overhead...