flink-user mailing list archives

From Ning Shi <nings...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Aggregator State in Keyed Windowed Stream
Date Mon, 10 Sep 2018 11:39:45 GMT
Hi Vino,

> If you need access to the state API, you can consider using ProcessWindowFunction[1],
which allows you to use ProcessWindowFunction.

I was hoping that I could use the aggregate function to do incremental aggregation. My understanding
is that ProcessWindowFunction either has to loop through all records or be combined with an
aggregate function to do incremental aggregation.

Back to my first question, is the accumulator state backed by RocksDB state backend? If so,
I don’t need to use rich function for the aggregate function.

Thanks,

Ning