flink-user mailing list archives

From Tony Wei <tony19920...@gmail.com>
Subject Need a clarification about removing a stateful operator
Date Fri, 17 Aug 2018 02:38:17 GMT
Hi all,

I'm confused about the description in documentation. [1]

   - *Removing a stateful operator:* The state of the removed operator is
   lost unless
   another operator takes it over. When starting the upgraded application,
   you have
   to explicitly agree to discard the state.

Does that mean if I take a full snapshot (e.g. savepoint) after restoring
by explicitly agreeing to
discard the state, then the state won't exist in that snapshot? Or does it
just mean ignore the
state but the state still exist forever, unless I explicitly purge that
state by using state operator?

And could this behavior differ between different state backend (Memory, FS,
RocksDB) ?

Many thanks,
Tony Wei

[1]