Even though I must admit that the jobs restart but they do restart successfully  with the new JM.....

On Fri, Jul 6, 2018, 8:08 AM Vishal Santoshi <vishal.santoshi@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello Chesnay, I have used an HA setup without the masters file and have seen failover happen based on alerts from a leader election routine.... Is it actually required that there be a masters file when there is a central arbiterer ZK  that has the alive JMs and a call back to force TMs to switch to a new leader in case of failure...