flink-user mailing list archives

From "Porritt, James" <James.Porr...@uk.mlp.com>
Subject Trying to implement UpsertStreamTableSink in Java
Date Mon, 23 Jul 2018 12:33:33 GMT
I put this class together when trying to create my own upsertable table sink in Java:

public class MyTableSink implements UpsertStreamTableSink<Row> {
    @Override
    public TableSink<Tuple2<Boolean, Row>> configure(String[] fieldNames, TypeInformation<?>[]
fieldTypes) {
        return null;
    }

    @Override
    public void setKeyFields(String[] keys) {
        System.out.println("setKeyFields" + keys);
    }

    @Override
    public void setIsAppendOnly(Boolean isAppendOnly) {

    }

    @Override
    public String[] getFieldNames() {
        return new String[0];
    }

    @Override
    public TypeInformation<?>[] getFieldTypes() {
        return new TypeInformation[0];
    }

    @Override
    public TypeInformation<Row> getRecordType() {
        return null;
    }

    @Override
    public TupleTypeInfo<Tuple2<Boolean, Row>> getOutputType() {
        return new TupleTypeInfo<Tuple2<Boolean, Row>>();
    }

    @Override
    public void emitDataStream(DataStream<Tuple2<Boolean, Row>> dataStream) {
        dataStream.print();
    }
}

I try and link it to my StreamTable with:

mystreamtable.writeToSink(new MyTableSink());

For some reason though I'm getting the error:

org.apache.flink.client.program.ProgramInvocationException: The main method caused an error.
        at org.apache.flink.client.program.PackagedProgram.callMainMethod(PackagedProgram.java:545)
        at org.apache.flink.client.program.PackagedProgram.invokeInteractiveModeForExecution(PackagedProgram.java:420)
        at org.apache.flink.client.program.ClusterClient.run(ClusterClient.java:404)
        at org.apache.flink.client.cli.CliFrontend.executeProgram(CliFrontend.java:781)
        at org.apache.flink.client.cli.CliFrontend.runProgram(CliFrontend.java:275)
        at org.apache.flink.client.cli.CliFrontend.run(CliFrontend.java:210)
        at org.apache.flink.client.cli.CliFrontend.parseParameters(CliFrontend.java:1020)
        at org.apache.flink.client.cli.CliFrontend.lambda$main$9(CliFrontend.java:1096)
        at org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.doAs(UserGroupInformation.java:1754)
        at org.apache.flink.runtime.security.HadoopSecurityContext.runSecured(HadoopSecurityContext.java:41)
        at org.apache.flink.client.cli.CliFrontend.main(CliFrontend.java:1096)
Caused by: org.apache.flink.table.api.TableException: Stream Tables can only be emitted by
AppendStreamTableSink, RetractStreamTableSink, or UpsertStreamTableSink.
        at org.apache.flink.table.api.StreamTableEnvironment.writeToSink(StreamTableEnvironment.scala:284)
        at org.apache.flink.table.api.Table.writeToSink(table.scala:862)
        at org.apache.flink.table.api.Table.writeToSink(table.scala:830)
        at alphagen_stats.KafkaAlphaGen.main(KafkaAlphaGen.java:265)
        at org.apache.flink.client.program.PackagedProgram.callMainMethod(PackagedProgram.java:528)
        ... 12 more

What am I doing wrong?

The information contained in this communication is confidential and

intended only for the individual(s) named above. If you are not a named

addressee, please notify the sender immediately and delete this email

from your system and do not disclose the email or any part of it to any

person. The views expressed in this email are the views of the author

and do not necessarily represent the views of Millennium Capital Partners

LLP (MCP LLP) or any of its affiliates. Outgoing and incoming electronic

communications of MCP LLP and its affiliates, including telephone

communications, may be electronically archived and subject to review

and/or disclosure to someone other than the recipient. MCP LLP is

authorized and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. Millennium

Capital Partners LLP is a limited liability partnership registered in

England & Wales with number OC312897 and with its registered office at

50 Berkeley Street, London, W1J 8HD.