flink-user mailing list archives

From Harshvardhan Agrawal <harshvardhan.ag...@gmail.com>
Subject Order of events in a Keyed Stream
Date Fri, 27 Jul 2018 16:11:34 GMT
Hi,

We are currently using Flink to process financial data. We are getting
position data from Kafka and we enrich the positions with account and
product information. We are using Ingestion time while processing events.
The question I have is: say I key the position datasream by account number.
If I have two consecutive Kafka messages with the same account and product
info where the second one is an updated position of the first one, does
Flink guarantee that the messages will be processed on the same slot in the
same worker? We want to ensure that we don’t process them out of order.

Thank you!
--
Regards,
Harshvardhan