flink-user mailing list archives

From Chirag Dewan <chirag.dewa...@yahoo.in>
Subject Re: Production readiness of Flink Job Stop Service
Date Mon, 23 Jul 2018 02:38:10 GMT
Thanks a lot Fabian and Vino.
Is there anyway I can do that without stop? Although the plan should be to use a Two Phase
commit sink so that there are no duplicates, I am looking for stopping the sources before
the savepoint is triggered.
Thanks,
Chirag

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

  On Thu, 19 Jul 2018 at 1:35 PM, Fabian Hueske<fhueske@gmail.com> wrote:   Hi Chirag,
Stop with savepoint is not mentioned in the 1.5.0 release notes [1].Since its a frequently
requested feature, I'm pretty sure that it would have been mentioned if it was added.
Best, Fabian
[1] http://flink.apache.org/news/2018/05/25/release-1.5.0.html

Hi Chirag,
Did you read the latest stable Flink documentation about Savepoint[1] and Cancel with savepoint[2]
and Upgrade application[3]?
[1]: https://ci.apache.org/ projects/flink/flink-docs- release-1.5/ops/state/ savepoints.html#resuming-from-
savepoints[2]: https://ci.apache.org/ projects/flink/flink-docs- release-1.5/monitoring/rest_
api.html#cancel-job-with- savepoint[3]: https://ci.apache.org/ projects/flink/flink-docs-
release-1.5/ops/upgrading.html
Thanks, vino.

Hi,
I am planning to use the Stop Service for stopping/resuming/pausing my Flink Job. My intention
is to stop sources before we take the savepoint i.e. stop with savepoint.
I know that since Flink 1.4.2, Stop is not stable/not production ready.
With Flink 1.5 can it be used for stopping jobs?
Regards,
Chirag