flink-user mailing list archives

From Siew Wai Yow <wai_...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Questions regarding to Flink 1.5.0 REST API change
Date Thu, 21 Jun 2018 06:07:58 GMT
Thanks Chesnay, the application will take value from "state.savepoints.dir" as default if set
target-directory to nul. But then it trying to create the directory in local machine, which
caused the below error because it is a HDFS directory. The same URL works in previous Flink
1.3.2. Is something break in Flink 1.5.0? Or anything we need to extra configure? Thank you.

Caused by: java.io.IOException: Mkdirs failed to create hdfs://192.168.56.150:8020/flink/savepoints/savepoint-855552-fb6eca4f3dbb
        at org.apache.flink.core.fs.local.LocalFileSystem.create(LocalFileSystem.java:271)
        at org.apache.flink.core.fs.SafetyNetWrapperFileSystem.create(SafetyNetWrapperFileSystem.java:121)
        at org.apache.flink.runtime.state.filesystem.FsCheckpointStreamFactory$FsCheckpointStateOutputStream.createStream(FsCheckpointStreamFactory.java:348)
        ... 25 more

flink-conf.yaml:

state.backend: rocksdb
state.backend.fs.checkpointdir: file:///tmp/rocksdb_simple_example
state.backend.incremental: true
state.backend.async: true
state.checkpoints.num-retained: 5
state.savepoints.dir:  hdfs://192.168.56.150:8020/flink/savepoints

-Yow