flink-user mailing list archives

From xsheng <xsh...@yelp.com>
Subject Need a map-like state in an operator state
Date Thu, 21 Jun 2018 18:06:45 GMT
Hi All,

I'm sorry if I'm double posting, but I posted it before subscribing and I
don't see it in my post lists. So I'm posting it again.

The Flink app we are trying to build is as such: read from kafka, sort the
messages according to some dependency rules, and only send messages that
have satisfied all dependency requirements. I will need set-like and
map-like states to look up which messages have been published. The problem
is, it's not a keyed stream where map-like states are applicable. It seems
like we are stuck with operator states which seem to only support list-like
states. I guess I can use a ListState[Map[A,B]] but I don't think it's
possible to merge the maps in the ListState to allow for quick look-ups.

Can anyone help please?

Xianghai