flink-user mailing list archives

From Derek VerLee <derekver...@gmail.com>
Subject intentional back-pressure (or a poor man's side-input)
Date Wed, 02 May 2018 14:31:55 GMT
  <head>

  </head>
    I was just thinking about about letting a coprocessfunction "block"
    or cause back pressure on one of it's streams?<br>
    Has this been discussed as an option?<br>
    Does anyone know a way to effectively accomplish this?<br>
    I think I could get a lot of mileage out of something like that
    without needing a full implementation of FLIP-17 (which I would
    eagerly await still). <br>
    As mentioned on another thread, one could use a liststate to buffer
    the main input until the "side input" was sufficiently processed.
    However the downside of this is that I have no way to control the
    size of those buffers, whereas with backpressure, the system will
    naturally take care of it.<br>