flink-user mailing list archives

From Esa Heikkinen <esa.heikki...@student.tut.fi>
Subject RE: Recommended books and batch vs stream processing
Date Thu, 10 May 2018 07:52:48 GMT

These books are only for stream processing ? Are there exist books also for batch processing
?

I am interested in would it be possible to do the batch processing by the stream processing
and how well. Certain (simple) data analysis task can certainly be done in both ways.

I think most complex data analysis cases are not possible in stream processing, but where
is the limit when the ability of the stream processing is not sufficient ?

Do you know whether anyone has studied this ?

Of course the batch processing can be much slower, but better slower than never.

Best, Esa

From: Bowen Li <bowenli86@gmail.com>
Sent: Wednesday, May 9, 2018 8:18 PM
To: Georgi Stoyanov <gstoyanov@live.com>
Cc: Esa Heikkinen <esa.heikkinen@student.tut.fi>; user@flink.apache.org
Subject: Re: Recommended books

I'd recommend this book, Stream Processing with Apache Flink: Fundamentals, Implementation,
and Operation of Streaming Applications. It's probably the most authentic book about Flink
on the market. You can buy and read the early release on OReilly, http://shop.oreilly.com/product/0636920057321.do

On Wed, May 9, 2018 at 4:33 AM, Georgi Stoyanov <gstoyanov@live.com<mailto:gstoyanov@live.com>>