flink-user mailing list archives

From Alexander Smirnov <alexander.smirn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Restart strategy defined in flink-conf.yaml is ignored
Date Thu, 05 Apr 2018 19:35:18 GMT
Hi Piotr,

I'm using Flink 1.4.2

it's a standard flink distribution downloaded and unpacked.

added the following lines to conf/flink-conf.yaml:
restart-strategy: none
state.backend: rocksdb
state.backend.fs.checkpointdir:
file:///tmp/nfsrecovery/flink-checkpoints-metadata
state.backend.rocksdb.checkpointdir:
file:///tmp/nfsrecovery/flink-checkpoints-rocksdb

created new java project as described at
https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.4/quickstart/java_api_quickstart.html

here's the code:

public class FailedJob
{
    static final Logger LOGGER = LoggerFactory.getLogger(FailedJob.class);

    public static void main( String[] args ) throws Exception
    {
        final StreamExecutionEnvironment env =
StreamExecutionEnvironment.getExecutionEnvironment();

        env.enableCheckpointing(5000,
                CheckpointingMode.EXACTLY_ONCE);

        DataStream<String> stream =
env.fromCollection(Arrays.asList("test"));

        stream.map(new MapFunction<String, String>(){
            @Override
            public String map(String obj) {
                throw new NullPointerException("NPE");
            }
        });

        env.execute("Failed job");
    }
}

attaching screenshots, please let me know if more info is needed

Alex