flink-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Richter <s.rich...@data-artisans.com>
Subject Re: Slow flink checkpoint
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2018 09:23:33 GMT
Hi,

yes, that is correct, the timer service is currently only available in main-memory and only
with synchronous snapshots. this topic is on our TODO list for after the Flink 1.5 release.

Best,
Stefan

> Am 16.03.2018 um 09:03 schrieb Fabian Hueske <fhueske@gmail.com>:
>
> Hi,
>
> AFAIK, that's not possible.
> The only "solution" is to reduce the number of timers. Whether that's possible or not,
depends on the application.
> For example, if you use timers to clean up state, you can work with an upper and lower
bound and only register one timer for each (upper - lower) interval.

> Best, Fabian

> Hi,
> I'm run a job on Flink streaming. I found with the increase in the number of  'InternalTimer'
object the checkpoint more and more slowly. Is there any way to solve this problem ? such
as make the "timeServiceManager" snapshot async.