flink-user mailing list archives

From Maciek Próchniak <...@touk.pl>
Subject queryable state API
Date Thu, 01 Feb 2018 08:19:51 GMT
Hello,

Currently (1.4) to be able to use queryable state client has to know ip
of (working) task manager and port. This is a bit awkward - as it forces
external services to know details of flink cluster. Event more complex
when we define port range for queryable state proxy and we're not sure
which port is chosen... In former versions it was possible to use only
job manager address - I understand it was changed for performance reasons.

Are there plans to make using queryable state a bit easier? E.g. to be
able to get list of taskmanagers with respectable queryable state
proxies via JobManager REST API? It would be great if external services
could communicate with Flink cluster knowing only jobmanager adresses...

thanks,

maciek