flink-user mailing list archives

From Stephan Ewen <se...@apache.org>
Subject Re: scala 2.12 support/cross-compile
Date Wed, 03 Jan 2018 09:39:05 GMT
Hi Hao Sun!

This is work in progress, but Scala 2.12 is a bit tricky. I think the Scala
folks have messed this version up a bit, to be honest.

The main blockers is that Scala 2.12 breaks some classes through its
addition of SAM interface lambdas (similar to Java). Many of the DataStream
API classes have two method variants (one with a Scala Function, one with a
Java SAM interface) which now become ambiguously overloaded methods in
Scala 2.12.

In addition, Scala 2.12 also needs a different closure cleaner, because
Scala 2.12 compiles differently.

I am adding Aljoscha, who has started working on this...

Best,
Stephan