flink-user mailing list archives

From shashank agarwal <shashank...@gmail.com>
Subject Flink CEP with event time
Date Wed, 03 Jan 2018 13:29:13 GMT
Hello,

I have some patterns in my program. For an example,

 A followedBy B.

As I am using kafka source and my event API's using load balancers so
sometimes B comes before A. So my CEP doesn't generate any result for those
events.

I have then tried event time and applied
"BoundedOutOfOrdernessTimestampExtractor" on kafkasource with extract time
from an origin time variable which I have in the event. I am using
watermark lateness of 10 seconds in that.

Now CEP stopped generating results. It's not even generating results where
Event B comes after A. I have tried within (10 seconds) in CEP also still
not generating results.

Am I doing anything wrong?

I have to cover the case where B can come after A from Kafka.

--
Thanks Regards

SHASHANK AGARWAL
 ---  Trying to mobilize the things....