flink-user mailing list archives

From Boris Lublinsky <boris.lublin...@lightbend.com>
Subject Re: Queryable State in Flink 1.4
Date Fri, 05 Jan 2018 18:52:15 GMT
Thanks
This was it.
It would help to have this in documentation along with `flink-queryable-state-client`

Boris Lublinsky
FDP Architect
boris.lublinsky@lightbend.com
https://www.lightbend.com/

> On Jan 5, 2018, at 11:46 AM, Till Rohrmann <trohrmann@apache.org> wrote:
>
> Did you add the `flink-queryable-state-runtime` jar as a dependency to your project?
You can check the log whether a queryable state proxy and server have been started.

> Cheers,
> Till
>
> On Fri, Jan 5, 2018 at 5:19 PM, Boris Lublinsky <boris.lublinsky@lightbend.com <mailto:boris.lublinsky@lightbend.com>>
wrote:
> I also tried to comment out
> //    config.setInteger(ConfigConstants.LOCAL_NUMBER_TASK_MANAGER, 2);
> Still no luck.
> Do you guys have a working example for queryable state for 1.4 somewhere?
>
> Boris Lublinsky
> FDP Architect
> boris.lublinsky@lightbend.com <mailto:boris.lublinsky@lightbend.com>
> https://www.lightbend.com/ <https://www.lightbend.com/>
>> On Jan 5, 2018, at 6:33 AM, Till Rohrmann <trohrmann@apache.org <mailto:trohrmann@apache.org>>
wrote:

>> Hi Boris,
>>
>> if you start 2 TaskManagers on the same host, then you have to define a port range
for the KvState server and the proxy. Otherwise the Flink cluster should not be able to start.

>> Cheers,
>> Till
>>
>> On Thu, Jan 4, 2018 at 11:19 PM, Boris Lublinsky <boris.lublinsky@lightbend.com
<mailto:boris.lublinsky@lightbend.com>> wrote:
>> It appears, that queryable state access significantly changed in 1.4 compared to
1.3.

>> Documentation on the queryable state client https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.4/dev/stream/state/queryable_state.html#example
<https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.4/dev/stream/state/queryable_state.html#example>
>> States that the client needs to connect to a proxy port.
>> My implementation, which I used for 1.3 is enclosed
>>

>> Here I am setting both server port and proxy port.
>> When I am running it on a localhost and try to do lsof -i:9069 and lsof -i:9067 It
does not show anything using this port.