flink-user mailing list archives

From "Tzu-Li (Gordon) Tai" <tzuli...@apache.org>
Subject Re: using regular expression to specify Kafka topics
Date Mon, 04 Dec 2017 07:02:18 GMT
Hi Soheil,

That feature is actually already internally available.
The only issue is that the functionality is not yet exposed via any public APIs on the Kafka
consumer.
Please see this JIRA here: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-8190.

I’m not sure of exposing the pattern-based subscription API now for 1.4, though.
Although it is only a matter of exposing already implemented features, AFAIK pattern-based
subscription is not thoroughly tested in the release candidates.
cc @Aljoscha, what do you think about this?

Best,
Gordon