flink-user mailing list archives

From Steven Wu <stevenz...@gmail.com>
Subject entrypoint for executing job in task manager
Date Thu, 21 Dec 2017 06:53:38 GMT
Here is my understanding of how job submission works in Flink. When
submitting a job to job manager via REST API, we provide a entry class. Job
manager then evaluate job graph and ship serialized operators to task
manager. Task manager then open operators and run tasks.

My app would typically requires some initialization phase to setup my own
running context in task manager (e.g. calling a static method of some
class). Does Flink provide any entry hook in task manager when executing a
job (and tasks)? As for job manager, the entry class provides such hook
where I can initialize my static context.

Thanks,
Steven