flink-user mailing list archives

From Kostas Kloudas <k.klou...@data-artisans.com>
Subject Re: Hardware Reference Architecture
Date Thu, 07 Dec 2017 17:36:20 GMT
Hi Hayden,

It would be nice if you could share a bit more details about your use case and the load that
you expect to have,
as this could allow us to have a better view of your needs.

As a general set of rules:
1) I would say that the bigger your cluster (in terms of resources, not necessarily machines)
the better.
2) the more the RAM per machine the better, as this will allow to fit more things in memory
without spilling to disk
3) in the dilemma between few powerful machines vs a lot of small ones, I would go more towards
the first, as this
    allows for smaller network delays.

Once again, the above rules are just general recommendations and more details about your workload
will give us
more information to work with.

In the documentation here: https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.3/setup/yarn_setup.html#background--internals
<https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.3/setup/yarn_setup.html#background--internals>
you can find some details about deployment, monitoring, etc.

I hope this helps,
Kostas

> On Dec 7, 2017, at 1:53 PM, Marchant, Hayden <hayden.marchant@citi.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking for guidelines for Reference architecture for Hardware for a small/medium
Flink cluster - we'll be installing on in-house bare-metal servers. I'm looking for guidance
for: