flink-user mailing list archives

From Timo Walther <twal...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Share state across operators
Date Tue, 05 Dec 2017 11:25:53 GMT
Hi Shailesh,

sharing state across operators is not possible. However, you could emit
the state (or parts of it) as a stream element to downstream operators
by having a function that emits a type like
"Either<MyElement,List<MyState>>".

Another option would be to use side outputs to send state to downstream
operators [0].

Maybe you can tell use a bit more about what you want to achieve?

Regards,
Timo

[0]
https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.3/dev/stream/side_output.html