flink-user mailing list archives

From "Vergilio, Thalita" <t.vergilio4...@student.leedsbeckett.ac.uk>
Subject Re: Docker-Flink Project: TaskManagers can't talk to JobManager if they are on different nodes
Date Mon, 06 Nov 2017 13:37:38 GMT

________________________________
From: Till Rohrmann <trohrmann@apache.org>
Sent: 06 November 2017 12:40:33
To: Piotr Nowojski
Cc: Vergilio, Thalita; user@flink.apache.org; Patrick Lucas
Subject: Re: Docker-Flink Project: TaskManagers can't talk to JobManager if they are on different
nodes

Hi Thalita,

in order to make Flink work, I think you have to expose the JobManager RPC port, the Blob
server port and make sure that the TaskManager can talk to each other by exposing the `taskmanager.data.port`.
The query server port is only necessary if you want to use queryable state.

I've pulled in Patrick who has more experience with running Flink on top of Docker. He'll
definitely be able to provide more detailed recommendations.

Cheers,
Till

On Mon, Nov 6, 2017 at 9:22 AM, Piotr Nowojski <piotr@data-artisans.com<mailto:piotr@data-artisans.com>>