flink-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Richter <s.rich...@data-artisans.com>
Subject Re: Apache Flink - Question about TriggerResult.FIRE
Date Mon, 20 Nov 2017 10:18:07 GMT
Hi,

> "In the first case, it is a new window without the previous elements, in the second case
the window reflects the old contents plus all changes since the last trigger."

> I am assuming the first case is FIRE and second case is FIRE_AND_PURGE - I was thinking
that in the first case (FIRE), there would be elements from previous window since we did not
purge and the second case it would have only new elements since it was purged.  Am I missing
something ?

No, with first case, I meant the „truly new window case“ and the second case is „another
triggering of the previous (non-purged) window“. So the second case is a simple FIRE without
PURGE.

Best,
Stefan