flink-user mailing list archives

From Aljoscha Krettek <aljos...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Issue with Checkpoint restore( Beam pipeline)
Date Thu, 30 Nov 2017 09:48:03 GMT
Hi,

I think you might be running into a problem that is hard to solve with Flink 1.2 and Beam.
As you noticed, it's a problem that Beam doesn't assign UIDs to operators, which is a problem.
Flink 1.3 and even more Flink 1.4 are a bit more lenient in accepting changes to the graph,
so you might have better luck when trying it with that. Did you try using a newer Beam/Flink
version? Flink 1.4 should be out next week and shortly after that I'll also update the Beam
dependency.

Best,
Aljoscha

> On 29. Nov 2017, at 23:52, Jins George <jins.george@aeris.net> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I am running a Beam Pipeline on Flink 1.2 and facing an issue in restoring a job from
checkpoint. If I modify my beam pipeline to add a new operator and  try to restore from the
externalized checkpoint, I get the error

> java.lang.IllegalStateException: Invalid Invalid number of operator states. Found :56.
Expected: 58
>     at org.apache.flink.util.Preconditions.checkState(Preconditions.java:195)
>     at org.apache.flink.streaming.runtime.tasks.StreamTask.checkRestorePreconditions(StreamTask.java:680)
>     at org.apache.flink.streaming.runtime.tasks.StreamTask.initializeState(StreamTask.java:650)
>     at org.apache.flink.streaming.runtime.tasks.StreamTask.invoke(StreamTask.java:257)
>     at org.apache.flink.runtime.taskmanager.Task.run(Task.java:655)
>
> From the savepoint guide [1], new operator added should be initialized without any state.
 Any idea why this error is reported.

> Also note, I am not setting a ID to my operator ( because Flink runner in Beam does set
the operator name user provided in pipeline creation)