flink-user mailing list archives

From Fabian Hueske <fhue...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Help on RowTypeInfo?
Date Wed, 01 Nov 2017 07:35:13 GMT
Hi Paul,

The *.scala.StreamTableEnvironment is for Scala programs, the
*.java.StreamTableEnvironment for Java programs and the third is the common
basis of the Scala and Java environment.
TableEnvironment.getTableEnvironment automatically creates the appropriate
TableEnvironment based on the provided ExecuctionEnvironment.

The Table API and SQL are designed to be unified APIs for batch and
streaming and we aim to support the same queries on batch and streaming
tables.

Best, Fabian