flink-user mailing list archives

From Derek VerLee <derekver...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Do timestamps and watermarks exist after window evaluation?
Date Thu, 09 Nov 2017 21:02:48 GMT
  <head>
      charset=windows-1252">
  </head>
      It's good to know my intuitions where not wildly off.  Also thank
      you for continuing to improve the already good documentation.</p>
      asked by other users in the last couple days, so I'll just reply
      on those threads if necessary.</p>
      wrote:<br>
      cite="mid:8AE801FF-52E8-4D8C-85DA-6EB25C7C5E38@apache.org">
        charset=windows-1252">
      Hi,
        help answer your question: <a
href="https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.4/dev/stream/operators/windows.html#working-with-window-results"
          class="" moz-do-not-send="true">https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.4/dev/stream/operators/windows.html#working-with-window-results</a></div>
        questions. :-)</div>
                href="mailto:derekverlee@gmail.com" class=""
                moz-do-not-send="true">derekverlee@gmail.com</a>&gt;
              wrote:</div>
                windowing operations on the same<br class="">
                stream are watermarks transmitted down stream after
                window evaluation,<br class="">
                and are the records emitted from WindowFunctions given
                timestamps? Do I<br class="">
                need to or should I always assignTimestampsAndWatermarks
                to the<br class="">
                outputsof window evaluations if I want to window again?
                If automatically<br class="">
                assigned, how should I think about them in an event time
                context? Would<br class="">
                the event time of a record resulting from a
                WindowFunction be the<br class="">
                window's end time in the case of a TimeWindow?<br
                  class="">