flink-user mailing list archives

From wangsan <wamg...@163.com>
Subject Hive integration in table API and SQL
Date Mon, 20 Nov 2017 12:27:29 GMT
Hi all,

I am currently learning table API and SQL in Flink. I noticed that Flink does not support
Hive tables as table source, and even JDBC table source are not provided. There are cases
we do need to join a stream table with static Hive or other database tables to get more specific
attributes, so how can I implements this functionality. Do I need to implement my own dataset
connectors to load data from external tables using JDBC and register the dataset as table,
or should I provide an external catalog?

Thanks,
wangsan