flink-user mailing list archives

From M Singh <mans2si...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Apache Flink - Question about TriggerResult.FIRE
Date Fri, 17 Nov 2017 18:33:02 GMT
Thanks Stefan and Aljoscha for your responses.
Stefan - When I mentioned "new window" - I meant the next window being created.
Eg:  if the event was in w1 based processing time and the trigger returned FIRE - then after
the window function is computed, what happens to the events in that window (w1).  Are they
(elements in w1) propagated to the next processing time window (w2) ?  If not, then what
is the difference between FIRE and FIRE_AND_PURGE and when do we use FIRE vs FIRE_AND PURGE
?  Are there any examples to demonstrated these differences ?
Thanks again for your help.
Mans