flink-user mailing list archives

From Tony Wei <tony19920...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Windowing isn't applied per key
Date Wed, 11 Oct 2017 14:29:25 GMT
Hi Marcus,

Yes, each key would  has it's own window managed, so the aggregation on
window is sum of the value by each key, not sum of all element.
You can imagine that each key has its own sliding window assignor that
decides each element in each keyed stream belong to which windows, but all
keyed stream use the same strategy.
That is the definition of sliding window in Streaming API.
And the definition of yours is not supported by Flink intuitively. One way
is to implement it by yourself with ProcessFunction.

Best Regards,
Tony Wei

mclendenin <marcuscbey@gmail.com>於 2017年10月11日 週三,下午8:52寫道: