flink-user mailing list archives

From Rahul Raj <rahulrajms...@gmail.com>
Subject Does heap memory gets released after computing windows?
Date Fri, 20 Oct 2017 10:55:38 GMT
Hi All,

I have been facing "GC Overhead limit exceeded" exception for quite a time
with my flink program. In my flink program, I have created a session window
with time gap of 10 minutes and I am performing some custom reduce
operation using Window function. The current statebackend is File System.
The program works fine for 15-20 mins and then fails with "GC overhead
limited exception" . My understanding of flink is that, the task manager's
memory will be released as soon as operation under window function will be
completed. But then why I am getting this error? What should I do to avoid
this?

Rahul Raj