flink-user mailing list archives

From Ken Krugler <kkrugler_li...@transpac.com>
Subject Monitoring job w/LocalStreamEnvironment
Date Thu, 12 Oct 2017 14:33:44 GMT
Hi all,

With an iteration-based workflow, it’s helpful to be able to monitor the job counters and
explicitly terminate when the test has completed.

I didn’t see support for async job creation, though.

So I extended LocalStreamEnvironment to add an executeAsync(), which returns the LocalFlinkMiniCluster.submitJobDetached()
result.

But it appears like I need to have a ClusterClient in order to actually monitor this job.

And ClusterClient is bound in with a lot of CLI code, so I’m hesitant to try to extract
what I need.

Is there an easier/recommended approach to the above?

Thanks!

— Ken

http://about.me/kkrugler
+1 530-210-6378