flink-user mailing list archives

From Aljoscha Krettek <aljos...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to make my execution graph prettier?
Date Tue, 10 Oct 2017 14:52:08 GMT
Hi,

The execution graph looks like this because Flink optimises your graph to fit all operations
within a single Task. This operation is called chaining. The operation can be applied when
there is no shuffle between operations and when the parallelism is the same (roughly speaking).

If you wan't the graph to have separate tasks, you can disable chaining on the Flink ExecutionConfig.
This can lead to worse performance, though.

Best,
Aljoscha