flink-user mailing list archives

From Ken Krugler <kkrugler_li...@transpac.com>
Subject Unusual log message - Emitter thread got interrupted
Date Wed, 04 Oct 2017 23:33:06 GMT
Hi all,

I’ve got a streaming topology with an iteration, and a RichAsyncFunction in that iteration.

When the iteration terminates due to no activity, I see this message in the logs:

17/10/04 16:01:36 DEBUG async.Emitter:91 - Emitter thread got interrupted. This indicates
that the emitter should shut down.
java.lang.InterruptedException
	at java.util.concurrent.locks.AbstractQueuedSynchronizer$ConditionObject.reportInterruptAfterWait(AbstractQueuedSynchronizer.java:2014)
	at java.util.concurrent.locks.AbstractQueuedSynchronizer$ConditionObject.await(AbstractQueuedSynchronizer.java:2048)
	at org.apache.flink.streaming.api.operators.async.queue.UnorderedStreamElementQueue.peekBlockingly(UnorderedStreamElementQueue.java:147)
	at org.apache.flink.streaming.api.operators.async.Emitter.run(Emitter.java:82)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

I read through https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-5638 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-5638>,
which makes me wonder if there’s a different but related issue involving an async function
in an iteration.

Or perhaps I need to do something in my RichAsyncFunction to avoid this situation?

Or is this expected and just the way things are currently?

Just FYI, my topology is here: https://s3.amazonaws.com/su-public/flink-crawler+topology.pdf
<https://s3.amazonaws.com/su-public/flink-crawler+topology.pdf>

Thanks,

— Ken