flink-user mailing list archives

From Aljoscha Krettek <aljos...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How flink monitor source stream task(Time Trigger) is running?
Date Wed, 11 Oct 2017 13:33:49 GMT
I think this might not actually be resolved. What YunFan was referring to in the initial mail
is the Thread factory that is used for the processing-time service: https://github.com/apache/flink/blob/5af463a9c0ff62603bc342a78dfd5483d834e8a7/flink-streaming-java/src/main/java/org/apache/flink/streaming/runtime/tasks/StreamTask.java#L223
<https://github.com/apache/flink/blob/5af463a9c0ff62603bc342a78dfd5483d834e8a7/flink-streaming-java/src/main/java/org/apache/flink/streaming/runtime/tasks/StreamTask.java#L223>

How likely is it that a ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor simply fails? I don't think we currently
have a mechanism that checks whether this service is still alive and would actually start
scheduled tasks.

Best,
Aljoscha