flink-user mailing list archives

From "Chan, Regina" <Regina.C...@gs.com>
Subject Job Manager Configuration
Date Mon, 30 Oct 2017 19:22:19 GMT
Flink Users,

I have about 300 parallel flows in one job each with 2 inputs, 3 operators, and 1 sink which
makes for a large job. I keep getting the below timeout exception but I've already set it
to a 30 minute time out with a 6GB heap on the JobManager? Is there a heuristic to better
configure the job manager?

Caused by: org.apache.flink.runtime.client.JobClientActorSubmissionTimeoutException: Job submission
to the JobManager timed out. You may increase 'akka.client.timeout' in case the JobManager
needs more time to configure and confirm the job submission.

Regina Chan
Goldman Sachs - Enterprise Platforms, Data Architecture
30 Hudson Street, 37th floor | Jersey City, NY 07302 *  (212) 902-5697