flink-user mailing list archives

From Gabriele Di Bernardo <gabriele.diberna...@me.com>
Subject Kafka and Flink integration
Date Thu, 12 Oct 2017 23:59:28 GMT
Hi everyone,

I have a question that is not really related to Flink but maybe someone of you can help me
understanding what I am doing wrong.

I have a Flink job that processes events generated by a Java application. The output of the
Flink job is emitted on Kafka; the Java application runs a Kafka consumer to receive the results
computed by Flink. On my local setup everything works fine. I deployed such application on
a cluster environment using a dedicated Kafka cluster. The Java app runs separately on a machine
that have access to the Kafka cluster but it does not consume any Kafka message. However,
if I run the Kafka console consumer on the same machine I can see correctly the messages.

I execute the Java Kafka consumer with the following parameters:
properties.put(ConsumerConfig.KEY_DESERIALIZER_CLASS_CONFIG, StringDeserializer.class.getName());
properties.put(ConsumerConfig.VALUE_DESERIALIZER_CLASS_CONFIG, StringDeserializer.class.getName());

properties.put(ConsumerConfig.GROUP_ID_CONFIG, groupIdentifier);

properties.put(ConsumerConfig.AUTO_OFFSET_RESET_CONFIG, "latest");
properties.put(ConsumerConfig.BOOTSTRAP_SERVERS_CONFIG, "localhost:9092");
Do you have any idea of what I am possibly doing wrong?

Thank you so much.

Best,

Gabriele