flink-user mailing list archives

From Aljoscha Krettek <aljos...@apache.org>
Subject Re: question on sideoutput from ProcessWindow function
Date Thu, 14 Sep 2017 09:51:48 GMT
Hi,

Chen is correct! I think it would be nice, though, to also add that functionality for ProcessWindowFunction
and I think this should be easy to do since the interface is very similar to ProcessFunction
and we could also add that to the Context.

Best,
Aljoscha

> On 9. Sep 2017, at 06:22, Chen Qin <qinnchen@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Prabhu,
>
> That is good question, the short answer is not yet, only ProcessFunction was given flexibility
of doing customized sideoutput at the moment.
> Window Function wasn't given such flexibility partially due to sideoutput initially targeting
late arriving event for window use cases.

> +@Aljoscha might have better picture on this question.
>
> Thanks,
> Chen
>
> On Fri, Sep 8, 2017 at 7:19 PM, Prabhu V <vprabhu@gmail.com <mailto:vprabhu@gmail.com>>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can we have a side output from a process window function ?
>
> I am currently genrating a side output from a process function. The main output of the
process function is then Windowed and a ProcessWindowFunction is applied on the windows.

> Can I add to the SideOutpuStream from the ProcessWindowFunction. I am unable to find
any api that enables this functionality.