flink-user mailing list archives

From Aljoscha Krettek <aljos...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to user ParameterTool.fromPropertiesFile() to get resource file inside my jar
Date Fri, 15 Sep 2017 12:51:59 GMT
Hi,

I think calling getPath() on the URL returned from getResource() loses some of the information
that is required to resolve the file in the jar. The solution should be to allow passing a
"File" to ParameterTool.fromPropertiesFile() or to allow passing an InputStream to ParameterTool.fromPropertiesFile().
Passing a File should work because a File can be constructed from an URI and a URL can be
turned into a URI.

Would you be interested in opening a Jira issue for that and working on it?

Best,
Aljoscha

> On 15. Sep 2017, at 03:32, Tony Wei <tony19920430@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Aljoscha,
>
> I used Maven with this command "mvn clean package -Pbuild-jar" to create the jar.
>
> Best Regards,
> Tony Wei
>
> Aljoscha Krettek <aljoscha@apache.org <mailto:aljoscha@apache.org>>於 2017年9月14日
週四,下午6:24寫道:
> Hi,
>
> Are you using Maven to create the Jar or your IDE? I think this might be a problem only
when creating the Jar via the IDE.

> Best,
> Aljoscha
>
>> On 11. Sep 2017, at 04:46, Tony Wei <tony19920430@gmail.com <mailto:tony19920430@gmail.com>>
wrote:

>> Hi Aljoscha,
>>
>> I found the root cause of my problem from this reference https://stackoverflow.com/questions/18151072/cant-find-resource-file-after-exporting-to-a-runnable-jar
<https://stackoverflow.com/questions/18151072/cant-find-resource-file-after-exporting-to-a-runnable-jar>.
>> So I changed the way to use ParameterTool. I read the configurations from InputStream,
construct them as argument format and used ParameterTool.fromArgs() to parse them with other
arguments.
>> I'm not sure if this is a good solution. If you have any better one, please let me
know. Thanks for your help.

>> Best Regards,
>> Tony Wei

>> Hi Aljoscha,
>>
>> I have tried `StreamJob.class.getClassLoader().getResource("application.conf").getPath()`,
but I got this exception.

>> Caused by: java.io.FileNotFoundException: Properties file /home/tonywei/flink/file:/tmp/flink-web-24351e69-a261-45be-9503-087db8155a8f/d69a3ca9-bfa0-43ef-83e8-e15f38162a87_quickstart-0.1.jar!/application.conf
>>
>> Best Regards,
>> Tony Wei

>> Hi,
>>
>> How are you specifying the path for the properties file? Have you tried reading the
properties by using this.getClass().getClassLoader().getResource()?

>> Best,
>> Aljoscha
>>
>> > On 8. Sep 2017, at 16:32, Tony Wei <tony19920430@gmail.com <mailto:tony19920430@gmail.com>>
wrote:

>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I put the my configuration file in `./src/main/resources/` and packed it inside
my jar.
>> > I want to run it on standalone cluster by using web UI to submit my job.
>> > No matter which way I tried, the ParameterTool.fromPropertiesFile() couldn't
find the file path, but threw `FileNotFoundException` instead.