flink-user mailing list archives

From Fabian Hueske <fhue...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Does Flink has a JDBC server where I can submit Calcite Streaming Queries?
Date Fri, 08 Sep 2017 07:52:57 GMT
Hi Kant,

no, there is no such functionality.
I'm also not sure how well streaming would work together with the JDBC
interface. JDBC has not been designed for continuous streaming queries,
i.e., queries that never terminate.
Challenges would be to have an infinite, streamable ResultSet (which might
be possible) and how to represent retractions, i.e., updates of previously
emitted results (I doubt this would work).

If a streamable ResultSet was possible, a subset of queries (those that
only produce new rows and never have to update emitted results) could be
supported.

Right now, the approach would be to implement a client program that
executes queries and writes their result to a destination like Kafka or a
database using a TableSink [1].
The community is also discussing a SQL client to submits queries. [2]

Best, Fabian

[1]
https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.3/dev/table/sourceSinks.html