flink-user mailing list archives

From Fabian Hueske <fhue...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Streaming API has a long delay at the beginning of the process.
Date Thu, 14 Sep 2017 10:32:20 GMT
Hi,

If I understand you correctly, the problem is only for the first events
that are processed.

AFAIK, Flink lazily instantiates its operators which means that a source
task starts to consume records from Kafka before the subsequent tasks have
been started.
That's why the latency of the first records is higher.

Not sure if or what can be done about this behavior.
I'll loop in Till who knows more about the lifecycle of tasks.

Best, Fabian