flink-user mailing list archives

From "Marchant, Hayden " <hayden.march...@citi.com>
Subject QueryableState - No KvStateLocation found for KvState instance
Date Wed, 13 Sep 2017 09:13:06 GMT
I am trying to use queryable state, and am encountering issues when querying the state from
the client. I get the following exception:

Exception in thread "main" org.apache.flink.runtime.query.UnknownKvStateLocation: No KvStateLocation
found for KvState instance with name 'word_sums'.
	at org.apache.flink.runtime.jobmanager.JobManager.org$apache$flink$runtime$jobmanager$JobManager$$handleKvStateMessage(JobManager.scala:1532)
	at org.apache.flink.runtime.jobmanager.JobManager$$anonfun$handleMessage$1.applyOrElse(JobManager.scala:777)
	at scala.runtime.AbstractPartialFunction$mcVL$sp.apply$mcVL$sp(AbstractPartialFunction.scala:33)
	at scala.runtime.AbstractPartialFunction$mcVL$sp.apply(AbstractPartialFunction.scala:33)
Exception in thread "main" org.apache.flink.runtime.query.UnknownKvStateLocation: No KvStateLocation
found for KvState instance with name 'word_sums'.
	at org.apache.flink.runtime.jobmanager.JobManager.org$apache$flink$runtime$jobmanager$JobManager$$handleKvStateMessage(JobManager.scala:1532)
	at org.apache.flink.runtime.jobmanager.JobManager$$anonfun$handleMessage$1.applyOrElse(JobManager.scala:777)
	at scala.runtime.AbstractPartialFunction$mcVL$sp.apply$mcVL$sp(AbstractPartialFunction.scala:33)
	at scala.runtime.AbstractPartialFunction$mcVL$sp.apply(AbstractPartialFunction.scala:33)

In my flow, I am creating the queryable state in the following way:

final TypeSerializer<Tuple2<String, Integer>> valueSerializer =
        TypeInformation.of(new TypeHint<Tuple2<String, Integer>>() {}).createSerializer(new
ExecutionConfig());
ValueStateDescriptor<Tuple2<String,Integer>> vsd = new ValueStateDescriptor<>(WORD_SUMS_STATE,valueSerializer);
QueryableStateStream<Tuple, Tuple2<String, Integer>> tupleTuple2QueryableStateStream
= wordsSummedStream.asQueryableState(WORD_SUMS_STATE, vsd);

I am using LocalFlinkMiniCluster and have enabled QueryableStateOptions.SERVER_ENABLE in the
configuration. From the logs in the startup of the flow, I see that the queryable state operator
is running. I also see the queryable state operation from the web console

Is there anything else that I am missing?

Thanks,
Hayden Marchant