flink-user mailing list archives

From "Marchant, Hayden " <hayden.march...@citi.com>
Subject Shuffling between map and keyBy operator
Date Tue, 05 Sep 2017 13:26:20 GMT
I have a streaming application that has a keyBy operator followed by an operator working on
the keyed values (a custom sum operator). If the map operator and aggregate operator are running
on same Task Manager , will Flink always serialize and deserialize the tuples, or is there
an optimization in this case due to 'locality'?

(I was planning on deploying my Flink Streaming application to a single 'big' node in the
hope that I can reduce latency by saving on both network and serde.)

Thanks,
Hayden Marchant