flink-user mailing list archives

From Yuta Morisawa <yu-moris...@kddi-research.jp>
Subject Streaming API has a long delay at the beginning of the process.
Date Tue, 12 Sep 2017 09:02:15 GMT
Hi,

I am worrying about the delay of the Streaming API.
My application is that it gets data from kafka-connectors and process
them, then push data to kafka-producers.
The problem is that the app suffers a long delay when the first data
come in the cluster.
It takes about 1000ms to process data (I measure the time with
kafka-timestamp). On the other hand, it works well after 2-3 seconds
first data come in (the delay is about 200ms).

The application is so delay sensitive that I want to solve this problem.
Now, I think this is a matter of JVM but I have no idea to investigate it.
Is there any way to avoid this delay?

Thank you for your attention
Yuta