flink-user mailing list archives

From Hai Zhou <yew...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Question about Flink Metrics
Date Tue, 26 Sep 2017 11:13:20 GMT
Hi Tony,

you can consider implementing a reporter, use a trick to convert the flink's metrics to the
structure that suits your needs.

This is just my personal practice, hoping to help you.

Cheers,
Hai Zhou

> 在 2017年9月26日,17:49,Tony Wei <tony19920430@gmail.com> 写道:
>
> Hi,
>
> Recently, I am using PrometheusReporter to monitor every metrics from Flink.
>
> I found that the metric name in Prometheus will map to the identifier from User Scope
and System Scope [1], and the labels will map to Variables [2].

> To monitor the same metrics from Prometheus, I would like to use labels to differentiate
them.
> Under the job/task/operator scope, it words fine to me. However, its not convenient to
me to monitor partitions' states from Kakfa consumer, because I couldn't place partition id
like a tag on each metric. All partition states like current commit offset will be a unique
metric in Prometheus. It's hard to use visualization tool such as Grafana to monitor them.

> My question is: Is it possible to add tags on Metric, instead of using `.addGroup()`?
> If not, will it be a new feature on Flink Metrics in the future? Since I am not sure
about how other reporters work, I am afraid that it is not a good design to just fulfill the
requirement on particular reporter.