flink-user mailing list archives

From Narendra Joshi <narendr...@gmail.com>
Subject Delay in Flink timers
Date Sun, 10 Sep 2017 07:31:52 GMT
Hi,

We are using Flink as a timer scheduler and delay in timer execution is
a huge problem for us. What we have experienced is that as the number of
Timers we register increases the timers start getting delayed (for more
than 5 seconds). Can anyone point us in the right direction to figure
out what might be happening?

I have been told that `onTimer` and `processElement` are called with a
mutually exclusive lock. Could this locking be the reason this is
happening? In both the functions there is no IO happening and it should
not take 5 seconds.

Is it possible that calls to `processElement` starve `onTimer` calls?

--
Narendra Joshi