flink-user mailing list archives

From Aljoscha Krettek <aljos...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] Dropping Scala 2.10
Date Wed, 20 Sep 2017 20:00:00 GMT
Hi Federico,

As far as I know, the Kafka client code has been rewritten in Java for version 0.9, meaning
there is no more Scala dependency in there. Only the server (broker) code still contains Scala
but it doesn't matter what Scala version a client uses, if any.

Best,
Aljoscha
> On 20. Sep 2017, at 14:32, Federico D'Ambrosio <fedexist@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi, as far as I know some vendors like Hortonworks still use Kafka_2.10 as part of their
hadoop distribution.
> Could the use of a different scala version cause issues with the Kafka connector? I'm
asking because we are using HDP 2.6 and we once already had some issue with conflicting scala
versions concerning Kafka (though, we were using Storm, I still haven't tested the Flink connector
in this context).

dev@flink.apache.org <mailto:dev@flink.apache.org>, user <user@flink.apache.org <mailto:user@flink.apache.org>>
> Subject: Re: [DISCUSS] Dropping Scala 2.10
>
> +1
>
> > 在 2017年9月19日,17:56,Aljoscha Krettek <aljoscha@apache.org <mailto:aljoscha@apache.org>>
写道:

> > Hi,
> >
> > Talking to some people I get the impression that Scala 2.10 is quite outdated by
now. I would like to drop support for Scala 2.10 and my main motivation is that this would
allow us to drop our custom Flakka build of Akka that we use because newer Akka versions only
support Scala 2.11/2.12 and we need a backported feature.