flink-user mailing list archives

From Aljoscha Krettek <aljos...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to user ParameterTool.fromPropertiesFile() to get resource file inside my jar
Date Wed, 27 Sep 2017 07:31:51 GMT
Hi Ron,

This is the issue and it was already implemented for upcoming 1.3.3 and 1.4.0.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-7630 <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-7630>

Best,
Aljoscha

> On 26. Sep 2017, at 21:10, Ron Crocker <rcrocker@newrelic.com> wrote:
>
> What’s crazy is that I just stumbled on the same issue. Thanks for sharing!
>
> Ron
> —
> Ron Crocker
> Principal Engineer & Architect
> ( ( •)) New Relic
> rcrocker@newrelic.com <mailto:rcrocker@newrelic.com>
> M: +1 630 363 8835
>
>> On Sep 15, 2017, at 7:30 AM, Tony Wei <tony19920430@gmail.com <mailto:tony19920430@gmail.com>>
wrote:

>> Hi Aljoscha,
>>
>> Thanks for your reply. It looks great to have hat feature. I will create a Jira issue
for that and try to solve it.

>> Best Regards,
>> Tony Wei

>> Hi,
>>
>> I think calling getPath() on the URL returned from getResource() loses some of the
information that is required to resolve the file in the jar. The solution should be to allow
passing a "File" to ParameterTool.fromPropertiesFile() or to allow passing an InputStream
to ParameterTool.fromPropertiesFile(). Passing a File should work because a File can be constructed
from an URI and a URL can be turned into a URI.

>> Would you be interested in opening a Jira issue for that and working on it?
>>
>> Best,
>> Aljoscha
>>
>>> On 15. Sep 2017, at 03:32, Tony Wei <tony19920430@gmail.com <mailto:tony19920430@gmail.com>>
wrote:

>>> Hi Aljoscha,
>>>
>>> I used Maven with this command "mvn clean package -Pbuild-jar" to create the
jar.

>>> Best Regards,
>>> Tony Wei
>>>
>>> Aljoscha Krettek <aljoscha@apache.org <mailto:aljoscha@apache.org>>於
2017年9月14日 週四,下午6:24寫道:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Are you using Maven to create the Jar or your IDE? I think this might be a problem
only when creating the Jar via the IDE.

>>> Best,
>>> Aljoscha

<https://stackoverflow.com/questions/18151072/cant-find-resource-file-after-exporting-to-a-runnable-jar>.
InputStream, construct them as argument format and used ParameterTool.fromArgs() to parse
them with other arguments.
let me know. Thanks for your help.

the properties by using this.getClass().getClassLoader().getResource()?

couldn't find the file path, but threw `FileNotFoundException` instead.