flink-user mailing list archives

From "r. r." <rob...@abv.bg>
Subject state of parallel jobs when one task fails
Date Fri, 29 Sep 2017 15:10:47 GMT
Hello
I have a simple job with a single map() processing which I want to run with many documents
in parallel in Flink.
What will happen if one of the 'instances' of the job fails?

This statement in Flink docs confuses me:
"In case of failures, a job switches first to failing where it cancels all running tasks".
So if I have 10 documents processed in parallel in the job's map() (each in a different task
slot, I presume) and one of them fails, does it mean that all the rest will be failed/cancelled
as well?

Thanks!